The Best Sentence of the Day

This blog is a cut-up of a dissertation in progress. Each day, I will post my favorite sentence that I have newly scribed. Everything out of context, but suggestive. I hope.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm a game designer, a games researcher, and a future forecaster. I make games that give a damn. I study how games change lives. I spend a lot of my time figuring out how the games we play today shape our real-world future. And so I'm trying to make sure that a game developer wins a Nobel Prize by the year 2032. Learn more here in my bio or get my contact information on my contact page.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Best Sentence #88

Do players experience a sense of mastery over their real-world environments after successfully completing a ubiquitous game?

10 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Entonces, intgonnatakitnomore, no use sus manos por el diablo. Hay muchos juegos mejores-- por ejemplo, eso.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

"Ubiquitous" tastes like pina coladas to me. Yum.

10:53 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Emailhosting... I'm largely referring to these kind of players: www.argn.com.

11:31 PM  
Blogger Falkor said...

Wow! you have one huge task. Wonder how you manage to get these lines. A pretty voracious reader i guess. Nice work.
Falkor
- http://surff.blogspot.com

2:06 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

hi!
a very well made site!
help me to create one like that gamer!

4:29 AM  
Blogger Elaine Chow said...

I think so. A good mood is a good mood. It affectsyour outlook on everything.

5:17 AM  
Blogger musicatwork said...

do musicians who game increase their real-world musical skills through the gaming expereince?

be interested in that, comments on my blog http://thesoundapproach.blogspot.com

7:36 AM  
Blogger Ya no se q hacer conmigo said...

i don´t think so. it´s the same like when a movie finish. you must stand up and come back to the life, usually with a empty feel.

A feel like you had lost a cup of hours doing nothing.

sorry about my english,
Simon

8:50 AM  
Blogger k said...

i don't know many gamers, but my brother-in-law is certifiably addicted. most of his conversations i hear (with almost anybody) eventually have to do with gaming. and it's quite clear that, as far as he's concerned, the answer to this question is YES. i'd have to agree with the librarian about how annoying it is. but he's also pretty fascinating to watch. his confidence is so tied up in whether or not he's winning the game he's currently fixating on.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Thank you so much for the great article. It’s informative. If you would like great articles for your blog you can contact us. We assist with
Web Articles
Academic Research
Dissertation Writing
Essay Writing
Proofreading
And many more!
Follow us at Mzansi Writers

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home