The Best Sentence of the Day

This blog is a cut-up of a dissertation in progress. Each day, I will post my favorite sentence that I have newly scribed. Everything out of context, but suggestive. I hope.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm a game designer, a games researcher, and a future forecaster. I make games that give a damn. I study how games change lives. I spend a lot of my time figuring out how the games we play today shape our real-world future. And so I'm trying to make sure that a game developer wins a Nobel Prize by the year 2032. Learn more here in my bio or get my contact information on my contact page.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Best Sentence #60

So much can get in the way of writing.

Spent the better part of the day in the doggy hospital with Meche... we're home now, but she had a very rough 24-hours of doggy enteritis, which can be really bad news for puppies her age. We've finally stopped the vomiting (I think) but she's still not digesting things properly. You don't want to know how many new carpet stains I've been trying to remove.

So, this has been a lame week. 1) Cell phone stolen. 2) Laptop motherboard fried. 3) Meche sick. But you know what they say about three's, so the next set should be better.

I did submit chapter 3 on Tuesday. Chapter 4 is in great shape -- 43 pages of stuff I basically like that I'm whipping into shape for a weekend submission.

Let's see if I can find a sentence from today's brief writing session that sums up my mood. Oh, who am I kidding. I barely wrote 500 words and not one of them all that interesting.

*

See, for example, “Pervasive Electronic Gaming” (Julian Bleecker, 2006); “Sustainable Play: Towards a New Games Movement for the Digital Age” (Celia Pearce, et al 2005); and “Locative Media” (Steve Dietz, 2003).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:( Here's to a good weekend.

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home